StReSsEd OUT!!


Y'all.  I am stressed out this week!  I know you all are feeling it, too-----we're so close to spring break, due dates are looming, and things are starting to pile up!  I have some "go-to's" when I am stressed out that help me to stay grounded and logical, (as my emotional side starts to take over!).  Here is my list of "De-Stressors"

  1. Spend extra time with people who make me smile:  Whether it's sending a funny Snap/text, talking to them on the phone, or visiting in person, spending time with people who make me happy is a definite "de-stressor."  This list includes my two daughters, my family, & friends!
  2. Sitting with my dog, Kale:  I say, "sitting with," because my dog absolutely knows my moods.  When I come home at the end of a hard day, he will look at me, tilt his head to the side, then immediately come and sit at my feet for comfort.  He is amazing!
  3. Dance it out:  I absolutely love music!  I also really love to dance, so when I'm stressed or down about something, you will hear me say, "Alexa!  Play some dance music!"  Then, music plays from the echo tower ("Alexa"), and my kitchen and living room become an instant party!  My daughters love this, & we often have dance parties for no particular reason.  This always gets me laughing, & pretty soon, my stress is diminished!
  4. Quiet time:  Sometimes with the craziness of a busy day, I just need a little quiet.  I will often drive in silence, or sit in my car before I go into my house & just be.  During this time, I breathe, pray, and thank God for the blessings in my life, as well as take my cares to Him.  
  5. Write it out:  Sometimes when my mind is overwhelmed with the multiple things I want to accomplish, or still need to figure out, it really helps me to get those thoughts out of my head & onto paper, so-to-speak.  If I do not do this, my thoughts will be consumed, when I should be focusing on other things.  So, I take a moment to write down my tasks or worries, knowing that I've made a plan to tackle these things one at a time.  This helps me to concentrate and be more "present" during my day.
  6. Rest:  At times when we are stressed, it is easy to just keep going and going like the Energizer Bunny, running ourselves into a chaotic, yet tired frenzy!  There are times (after I've written down what is stressing me out), that I have to make the needed decision to put my cares away and allow myself to get some rest.
These are the main ways that I can help myself stay in the moment, and de-stress.  What are some ways that you deal with stressful days?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Dog's Life

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things