Move Over, Winter...........


Alright, people - I have had ENOUGH of winter!  Many people who know me, know that winter is not my favorite time of the year.  The "winter blues" are real!  Everything from the cold air, ice, and not being able to be outside a lot, winter is a time of year that seems to drag on for me.  Even fall upsets me, because I know that winter is just lurking around the corner!

I'm a pretty positive person, so my attitude during the winter months needed a "pick-me-up!"  Because of the negativity I feel toward this season that is actually my oldest daughter's favorite time of the year, I decided to intentionally come up with things that I can appreciate about winter.  (Seeing the glass half-full, people, half-full)

  1. Christmas!  My favorite holiday!  Although I could still experience my love of Christmas on a tropical island, Christmas in southwest Missouri is Christmas with my family, whom I love dearly.
  2. Yummy food:  Winter is a time for soups, chili, and "comfort food."  My favorite winter soup is chicken & wild rice.  What is yours?
  3. Cute boots:  I like shoes a lot---and there are some cute footwear choices for winter.  Today, for example, my feet are sporting leopard-print boots--and I love them!
  4.  Puzzles:  I love to work puzzles!  For some reason, I feel like putting together puzzles is a winter thing--I'm not even sure why, ha!
  5. Fires:  One of my favorite things to do is curl up under a blanket in front of a fire and watch a good movie!
  6. Snow:  I'm not a super-huge fan of winter precipitation, in general, but my daughters LOVE snow!  Sledding, snowmen, snow ice cream, etc...
  7. Hot Chocolate:  Enough said.
  8. The Winter Olympics:  This should be further up the list!  I absolutely LOVE the Olympics - particularly the snow boarding half-pipe competition.  I can't watch snow boarding without a little winter, so I guess this makes the list!  
  9. Basketball/Club Volleyball:  Winter is a time of year in which my daughters and their love for basketball and volleyball is in full swing!  Sometimes I think I live in a gym because we are in one all of the time, but I love it!
  10. My dad's birthday:  Last, but certainly not least is my dad!  His birthday is in January - the heart of winter - and he just has to be the best father around!  Sooooo, if I'm looking for reasons to stay positive about winter--my dad certainly "fits the bill!"
Even though the above list helps me stay positive during these frigid months, with rude, cold winds & icky frozen stuff that falls from the sky, I will admit that I'm getting very anxious to see GREEN & spend some time outside in the HEAT!  

What is your favorite season, and why?





Comments

  1. I don't have a favorite soup. I love them all. Which is why my most cherished cook book is a soup only cookbook. My favorite season is actually a 1/2 and 1/2. I love the first half of Fall and the first half of Spring (before they become too cold or too hot, respectively.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite soup is loaded baked potato soup and my favorite season is Spring. I love watching the grass turn green which seems to happen right before my eyes. The leaves on the trees will start turning just as quickly. Look up and the leaves, if any, are brown and the next time you look up the leaves will be exploding in green. I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE and I can't say this enough watching for the flowers to emerge. The crocus is supposed to be the first to show their little tips popping out of the ground, but the daffodils are not far behind. When the Forsythia bushes start blooming the yellow is everywhere. Red bud trees and Dogwood are the next to bloom and they are just absolutely beautiful. I love Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soup: Chili or Homemade Chicken and Noodles (are those soups?)

    Season: Fall/Autumn, the smell, the sights, school, football, temperature, colors, activities, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2: I love chicken tortilla soup and chili. I think it's an Eldon thing, but we ALWAYS eat peanut butter sandwiches with our chili!
    4: My mom and I often put puzzles together on snow days, so I think of them as a wintery thing, too. :)
    8: SHAUN WHITE and CHLOE KIM gave us a real treat at the Olympics in half pipe this year!!!

    Season: Maybe it's because I'm indecisive, but I really love all the seasons. I love how snow covers the deadness of winter, spring blooms everything back to life, summer allows for relaxation and get-aways, and fall turns everything vibrant colors before death comes again. I read a book in college that compared the seasons of nature to how God uses each season of our lives for a specific purpose. It reminded me to enjoy each season of life God puts me in, as much as I enjoy each season involving nature.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Dog's Life

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things