A Dog's Life

A Dog's Life

(Kale ~ The Best Dog EVER!)

Isn't he the CUTEST dog you've ever seen?  His name is Kale ~ he is a rescue pup, and I could not love him more!  Our family rescued Kale about 5 years ago ~ Here is a little bit about his story, and how our family became lucky enough to call him ours:

Our family had another adorable dog, named Jack - (Captain Jack Sparrow, to be exact=).   He was a "Jack Zhu."  Unfortunately, Jack could climb fences, and loved to run & be free.  He was an escape artist!  No matter what steps we took to keep adorable little Jack safely inside our fence, he would still find a way to escape.  Many people have helped us find Jack over the years, & the Humane Society knew him by name.  (He was a fun little mess!).  Anyway, one morning that Jack escaped, he was hit by a car.  We were devastated, particularly my youngest daughter, Kate.  I thought it would be quite awhile before our hearts could own another puppy.  

Fast forward a little bit to a Saturday morning that my girls and I were out running errands with my mother.  She needed to stop at an office store, that happened to be located right next to Pet Smart on none other than "National Adoption Day" for pets.  When we saw Kale, it was an immediate love!  
The workers told us that he had been severely abused by his previous owner, then abandoned, as the owner moved away without him.  Kale and two other dogs from the same owner stayed by their house faithfully, waiting for their owner to return as the neighbors chipped in to feed the dogs each day.  Finally, a neighbor called an organization in Neosho, called, "Faithful Friends."  The workers there showed Kale a lot of love, and we had to prove to them that we would do the same!

Kale came home with us that day, but it took him quite awhile to not be afraid of EVERYONE.  He still takes a little bit to warm up to people, sometimes still hides when a stranger comes near, and will never, ever play "fetch," as he is afraid of anything being thrown (due to his previous circumstances), but THIS DOG is the best dog ever!  He is sweet, and has the most gentle personality.  I don't know exactly what level of abuse Kale was exposed to with his previous owner, but I don't know how anyone could treat a puppy that way.  

I will admit....sometimes Kale can be a little bit naughty-----and I can often be found scolding him just like he's another one of my kids!  However, even in his naughtiness, I could not ask for a better dog!  Enjoy the pictures below, & also the video of him reacting to the snow we've had this winter!  

We love dressing him up for Halloween!  I'm not sure how he feels about it, though...
Kale's favorite place to be--his bed!
 

Comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear about Jack :( I remember you telling me stories when we were raising Jack Russell Terrier puppies. I am glad you were able to get another dog. Sometimes that just isn't possible for people. Kale appears to like his costume...if you ask me!! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. My current dog is a rescue. It was a first for me (as in the country there is always someone giving away pups). It was a first, but not a last. I've really loved the experience! I'm so glad you've enjoyed the experience too! He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things