Living in a Gym

Living in a Gym


I've titled today's blog, "Living in a Gym," because that is what I do most of the year, and I absolutely LOVE IT!  My two daughters, Abby and Kate, love to play basketball and volleyball, and we are in the midst of a particularly busy season of competition!  I thought today's post would be a great time to blog about my girls, and some of the reasons I will forever cherish following them around gymnasiums!  

My daughter, Abby, is a junior in high school.  She is a bit of an introvert, but can be highly silly around her friends and family.  She is kind, compassionate, and brings my heart joy!  She plays basketball and volleyball for our high school, and is also currently competing with the Club MVP volleyball organization.  We have a Regionals competition coming up this weekend, and we are hoping her team qualifies for Nationals!  It would be so exciting for her to compete at that level!  
My youngest daughter, Kate, is in the 7th grade.  She is a social as they come, and we've always called her our "party waiting to happen!"  She is spunky, caring, and has a huge heart!  Kate also plays basketball and volleyball, and has her own Regionals competition coming up the week after her sister's.  She only has this one tournament left on the schedule, but hopefully they will qualify for Nationals, & we can keep playing for awhile!
My girls are my heart.  My weekends are filled with bleacher seats, snack bags, hotel bills, and LOTS of laughter and memories!  I wouldn't change a thing, & I know I will miss this phase so badly when they are older.  In fact, Abby is in her last season of club volleyball, and made her senior schedule recently for the next school year!  It passes by so quickly.  Moms who are reading this ~ it feels like just yesterday I was holding little pink bundles of joy, and now my girls are so grown up!  Cherish each little phase of joy that comes with your children.  The memories you will make along the way will give you a lifetime supply of smiles.


Comments

  1. I know how you feel...I have sat many hours at cross country meets and track meets what seems like forever. Gracie is getting ready to start her first year of high school track...I'm already starting to feel saddened by knowing what is yet to come. I know I will have grandkids sporting events to attend...I don't think it will ever be quite the same...but I can hope it is even better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Dog's Life

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things