Thoughts From My Day

Tuesday, 3/27.......

Today was a good day.  We celebrated Dr. Zornes' birthday in the office today, (even though her birthday was during spring break & we're a little late doing so, oops!).  There was food, laughter, and just an overall positive start, middle, & end of the day, (since I basically grazed on the food all day, ha!) 

It's fun to celebrate, isn't it?  This thought has taken me to a little bit of a sappy place this evening, (which sometimes happens as I get older).  Circumstantially-speaking...what day should we NOT celebrate?  We have a great school full of fantastic staff members and amazing kids.  Not only is our particular school great, we are part of a wonderful school district that puts kids first.  We live in an awesome town, where education is supported.  These are all facts that I sometimes take for granted, especially after a hard day.  I think it is good practice to frequently take a step back and remember.  Remember your "why."  Remember the good in your life, because it's there.  Do we all face difficult circumstances?  Yes, definitely, & some are particularly challenging--I'm not discounting that.  However, I know that every day I get to come to a place where kids are loved, and that, my friends, is a wonderful place to be. 

As a school counselor, I would have lessons and conversations with students about their future career choices.  I would encourage kids to really dream, because when you are in a "good-fit" career and you love what you do--it doesn't feel like work.  Will it be challenging?  I hope so.  Are your days all unicorns and rainbows?  Absolutely not.  Is it worth it?  YES.  100% YES.  I genuinely love public education.  I love that I get to do this job every day.  This evening, I'm feeling particularly grateful for WCMS. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Dog's Life

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things