I've Got Some Quirks...I'll Admit It

I'm just gonna put this out there for those of you who may not know me as well.......I have some quirks.  I have some ticks.  (I don't know why, but this is starting to feel like a confession post;)
Don't we all have some quirks?  (Please say, "yes," please say, "yes!")  Here are some of mine:

*Even numbers:  I don't know what else to say.  How is anyone "okay" with something that is odd-numbered?  We need symmetry, people! 

*Noises when I'm trying to concentrate:  Have you ever tried really hard to focus and someone is tapping a pencil?  Or, maybe you're trying to focus on what someone is saying, but there are other conversations happening around you?  I.  Just.  Can't.

*Light Switches and Electrical Outlets:  Yep.  I check them multiple times. 

*Alarms:  I set 4 alarms every night, two minutes apart.  (I'm starting to worry you, aren't I?)

*Symmetry:  I kind-of mentioned this earlier, but I am all about symmetry.  Even when it comes to chewing gum.  (I split my gum in two smaller pieces so I can chew the gum on both sides of my mouth...oh my goodness)

*Making Lists:  I LOVE lists!  I really like putting a couple of things at the top of my list that I've already accomplished, just to feel more accomplished! 

*Busy, busy, bee:  I canNOT sit still.  It's really hard for me to focus, & just be.  This is why you'll often see me taking notes in meetings.  It helps me to focus if I write things down that I'm hearing.  It's something I learned a long time ago, and has actually helped me in my continuing education quite a bit. 

(I'm literally adding this next one because I have 7 things listed, and 8 makes a nice, even list:) 

*Clean Hands:  I really can't handle having something on my hands that isn't lotion!  Haha!  Especially if it is dust.  Nope.  Can't and won't.

This post is really making me feel quite vulnerable.  I'm very tempted to delete it, but I think I'll leave the reality of it right here.  I have quirks.  I'm okay with it, because it's part of what shapes who I am.  I am particular, detailed, and quirky.  However, I'm also very reliable, caring and compassionate.  Today was a glimpse into some parts of me that aren't my best, but are still a part of me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Dog's Life

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things